Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Settled!

Well we are all moved into our little apartment. We were unpacked the same night we moved in. HAHA! That is just the way I am. I kept thinking I have all week to unpack but I just kept emptying one box after another. Mike worked on our bedroom and closet. My big job was the kitchen. The apartment really isn't too bad. Better than living in a camper for sure. Two big adjustments I had to make was drawer space in the kitchen. I went from 10 drawers in my "house" kitchen to 2 drawers in my apartment kitchen. WHAT??? Only two drawers??? Heck I had 4 junk drawers at the house. Where was I going to put everything? The bathroom was another issue. My bathroom at the house had 4 drawers and a linen cabinet. Here I have no drawers. Just the vanity. Yesterday I had to go buy one of those cabinet things that sit over the toilet. I think that will help alot.

Today I think Olivia and I are going to venture out to the library. See if we can get signed up. I am hoping they have some kids computers there so we can kill some time there and maybe get a few books and computer games.

We are also trying to find a day/twin bed with a trundle under it for the girls room.

Morgan is doing good at home with Adam and Esther. I miss her a bunch though. I can't wait to see her on Friday when I go get her. We are going to celebrate her birthday this weekend and shop for the trundle bed.

Well, time for a shower! Bye for now.

3 comments:

Sheila E said...

Hey chick! Glad you're all settled in. Miss ya bunches! Tell everyone we said hello. Hugs from Ky!

Rebecca of "China, Baby!" said...

Rach, glad to hear you are getting settled - I'm sure you will take lack of drawer space any day over NO MIKE!! :) Glad you all are together again!

Miss you! Keep us posted!

xoxo

Stephanie said...

WE WANT PHOTOS OF YOUR NEW DIGS!
Hope all is well.
We heart you guys.