Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Settled!

Well we are all moved into our little apartment. We were unpacked the same night we moved in. HAHA! That is just the way I am. I kept thinking I have all week to unpack but I just kept emptying one box after another. Mike worked on our bedroom and closet. My big job was the kitchen. The apartment really isn't too bad. Better than living in a camper for sure. Two big adjustments I had to make was drawer space in the kitchen. I went from 10 drawers in my "house" kitchen to 2 drawers in my apartment kitchen. WHAT??? Only two drawers??? Heck I had 4 junk drawers at the house. Where was I going to put everything? The bathroom was another issue. My bathroom at the house had 4 drawers and a linen cabinet. Here I have no drawers. Just the vanity. Yesterday I had to go buy one of those cabinet things that sit over the toilet. I think that will help alot.

Today I think Olivia and I are going to venture out to the library. See if we can get signed up. I am hoping they have some kids computers there so we can kill some time there and maybe get a few books and computer games.

We are also trying to find a day/twin bed with a trundle under it for the girls room.

Morgan is doing good at home with Adam and Esther. I miss her a bunch though. I can't wait to see her on Friday when I go get her. We are going to celebrate her birthday this weekend and shop for the trundle bed.

Well, time for a shower! Bye for now.

3 comments:

Sheila E said...

Hey chick! Glad you're all settled in. Miss ya bunches! Tell everyone we said hello. Hugs from Ky!

Rebecca Lily said...

Rach, glad to hear you are getting settled - I'm sure you will take lack of drawer space any day over NO MIKE!! :) Glad you all are together again!

Miss you! Keep us posted!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

WE WANT PHOTOS OF YOUR NEW DIGS!
Hope all is well.
We heart you guys.