Friday, July 28, 2006

Bittersweet Day

Today was a very bittersweet day for poor Morgan. It was the day of the auction for her goat. She did very well at the auction and her goat sold for over $300. But later in the day she went to feed him for the last time and he had already been loaded and was gone from the barn. I found her half way between the barn and the camper in tears. She said "I just want to go home NOW! I don't want to be at the fair anymore!" She cried all the way home and was quite heartbroken that she didn't get to say goodbye and that he was actually gone.


Livi hanging out at the auction with grandma. She just wants to leave and go find something to eat!

1 comment:

OziMum said...

Oh! Poor Morgan! I grew up on a farm, and my folks were probably pretty harsh - they drummed it into us "Don't get attached... they are just animals". So we didn't have any traumatic separations! But I certainly understand, how she can be so crushed.

$300! WOW! Goatie must've been a prize goat!