Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Realization

This morning I went to our small town post office. I had Olivia with me and we were standing in line. Okay, I was standing in line and Olivia was kinda dancing around. Another woman came in behind me and was standing in line. I noticed she had a little girl with her, about 4, who was also from China (I knew she was Asian, the mom did tell me later she was from China). Anyway, Olivia was be-bopping around and when she caught sight of this little girl she stopped and just started staring at her. After about 2 minutes she looked up at me and said "Mama, like me. Like me." as she pointed to the little girl. I was shocked. That was the first time she had ever taken notice that she looked different and that she noticed someone else that looked like her. Now we have another little girl at church from China and we have gone out for Chinese food many times but this was the first time she really took notice of the similarities. (The other little girl was facinated by Olivia too and even gave her a piece of gum.) It was a pretty cool morning and more proof that little miss smarty pants (I say that lovingly) is growing up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW cook is that!!!
I do the same thing whenever I go to the zoo and look a hippos! LOL

OziMum said...

Gorgeous! Doesn't it just make your heart melt and consider a second adoption?!!! (said purely for Mike's benefit!!!)