Monday, June 13, 2005

A Little Taste of China

Today my friend Julia took me to Chinatown in Chicago. Julia has a 2 1/2 year old from China and she is going back about the same time I am for a sister for her. Julia is quite familiar with Chinatown so Morgan and I went with Julia and Genevive on a girls day out. It was very interesting. We went into several grocery stores (Julia goes regularly to get some of Genevive's favorite foods). Thestench of the fresh seafood (you name it, they have it) to all the dried seafood and herbs hits you in the face when you walk in. It is enough to turn your stomach. Julia informed me that pretty much all of China smells like this. Morgan looked at me and said "Have a good trip Mom, I am staying home." We also got a taste of how crowded the tight the shops are. You can hardly walk down the isles (sp) because they are so narrow. We had a wonderful lunch too. It was an interesting day to say the least.

ChinaMama

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one dedicated ChinaMama.
Sheesh....you prolly had sushi too, didn't you?
DON'T LIE TO ME! :-)
Time is passing fast now, it won't be long before you will have the ChinaBaby to care for.

Thinking of you;
Steph

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »