Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wild Weekend

Last weekend I was flying by the seat of my pants! We didn't have school on Friday so Morgan and I jumped in the van and headed south. We decided to surprise my LoveBug pals with visits. Well I believe surprise was an understatement.

Our first stop was Tammy in Louisville. Unfortunately I had to wake her up at 11 at night because there were no hotels to be found in Louisville. She graciously put Morgan and I up for the night. What a fun way to start the weekend. I enjoyed visiting with Tammy and getting to know she and her family better. She and I will be traveling to China together so this will make it even more special.

Next we headed further south to Parksville to see Kim. I think I shocked her socks off. We were waiting for her in her driveway when she got home. When she realized who was sitting there we both went into a screaming tizzy hugfest. It was awesome. It was hard to believe I had never met Kim before because she felt like a long time friend. I spent a couple hours visiting with Kim and Kimmee. Unfortunately Kim is not one of the LoveBugs that I will get to travel with. She will be going a month ahead of me. Then she had to leave so Morgan and I headed out once again.


John, Kim, Rachel and Kimmee

Our next stop was a hotel in Lexington. While there I contacted Sheila, who is about 45 minutes from Lexington. She said to stay in Lexington and she and Jack would head that way in the morning to meet us. Meanwhile Kim called and said she was coming to Lexington and so we all decided to get together for lunch. We spent about 2 hours at Steak and Shake visiting and sharing stories. Sheila is another one of the LoveBugs that I will get to travel with when our time comes.
We said good bye to everyone in Lexington and headed north to Cincinnati, Ohio. In Cincinnati we tracked down Kristin at her church where she works. Another great outcome. One of her employees called her over and at first she did not recognize me. Then when it dawned on her who I was and that I was there to visit her I thought I might have to pick her up off the floor. She immediately invited Morgan and I to spend the night at her home and were awesome hosts. When got to spend the evening and morning with her husband Jim and her two sons Zach and Ben. She too was like seeing an old friend.



Rachel, Kristin and Jim Ben and Zach

After our wonderful visit with the Wootens Morgan and I headed towards home. 950 miles and three days later I can say I have sisters in two other states that I can't wait to see again. It was an awesome-fun trip that I am so glad I decided to take. Now.......if I could just get some of them to come up and see me.........

No comments: